Climate Neutral Living - family - gift
All of us in Europe are responsible for an average of 8.6 tons of greenhouse gases per year and person. For a family of four this is 2.88 tons of greenhouse gas emissions every month!
Here you can effectively offset the monthly greenhouse gas emissions for a family of choice by supporting certified and high-quality carbon reduction projects.
First choose your preferred carbon reduction project type and then select the period for which the family receiving your gift should live climate neutral. Then please select the number of children in the family. Our calculations are based on the assumption that every family consists of at least 2 adults.
If the gift-certificate shall be also be send directly to the recipient, please leave the email of the contact person (optional). Finally, you can also leave a personal text to be integrated in our gift-certificate.
After placing your order, you will receive an e-mail within one working day with our family climate action gift-certificate in pdf format attached. This certificate confirms the climate neutral commitment of your family of choice. It also contains information on the carbon reduction projects funded.
There are numerous project type options to offset your personal carbon footprint. The most common project types include:
- Projects to reduce or sequester carbon, i.e. by the conservation or reforestation of forests
- Renewable energy projects: i.e. wind, hydro and solar energy installations
- Energy efficiency and small energy projects in households: these include i.e. family biogas plants or efficient cookstoves. These projects do not only contribute to carbon reductions, but also result in high social benefits.
We offer carbon reduction projects from all three aforementioned project types under the designations "Forest", "Renewable" and "Social+". Behind each of these 3 project types are 3 concrete carbon reduction projects.
If you select the project type "Forest", the three projects we have included in this category will be funded. If you choose "Mix", then we divide your climate action contribution into all 3 project categories. You find an overview of the 9 carbon reduction projects we support here.
At GoClimateAction we support 9 carbon reduction projects in parts of the world that are already massively affected by the global climate crisis, but have so far contributed comparatively little to human-induced climate change.
For the sake of simplicity we have structured these 9 projects in the three categories "Forest", "Renewable" and"Social+". In each category, you will find 3 individual projects.
- Forest protection in Brazil - Portel
- Forest protection in Peru - Madre de Dios
- Forest protection in Kenya - Kasigau Wildlife Corridor
- Hydropower in the DR Congo - Virunga
- Solar energy in South Africa - Bokpoort
- Wind energy in Indonesia - Sidrap
- Efficient cookstoves in Rwanda - Nyungwe
- Family biogas plants in India - Bagepalli
- Clean drinking water in Uganda - nationwide
For the climate on our earth, it is irrelevant in which geography carbon emissions or other greenhouse gases are emitted or avoided. The harmful effect of greenhouse gases has no boundaries.
For this reason, emissions that are caused by our western lifestyle in Europe can be offset by emission reductions certified by independent auditors in a completely different place on earth, e.g. in a developing country. This mechanism is widely called carbon compensation or carbon offsetting.
The principle of carbon offsetting is well-known all over the world and has been used by thousands of companies and millions of private individuals for many years.