Transparency at GoClimateAction
Transparency is the key to the credibility of carbon offsetting. Of course, we offer full transparency on all important issues relating to your carbon offset engagement:
- We advise you to avoid & reduce emissions as a first step before you take the step of carbon offsetting. Offsetting your emissions is only the second best solution for engaging in climate action - avoiding and reducing greenhouse gases are indispensable and should always precede the offsetting.
- You get all information on our carbon reduction projects supported with your investment in your climate neutral life here. This includes i.a. information on the projects' quality standard, access to the detailed project descriptions (Project Design Documents) and the annual verification reports of the independent certifiers.
- To ensure that each emission reduction certificate is only counted once, all these certificates are stored in electronic format in publicly accessible project databases. Each climate project quality standard has its own database for this purpose. GoClimateAction maintains user accounts in the project databases of the Gold Standard Foundation and VERRA, in which the emission reduction credits required for your climate neutralization are being retired. Certified Emissions Reductions (CERs) from climate protection projects that are certified according to the Clean Development Mechanism are verifiably retired by a TUEV-certified external partner. We confirm the retirements with the certificate in pdf-format, which we send to you by email right after your online order.
- GoClimateAction is a small organization with low transaction costs. This ensures that only a comparatively small part of your money has to be used for administration purposes. The prices for emission reduction certificates fluctuate greatly and are i.a. depending on the specific climate protection project, its quality standard and the time of purchase of the reduction credits. In principle, when using your funds, we refer to the donation seal of the Foundation of the German Central Institute for Social Issues (DZI) where the advertising and administrative costs per € spent should not be more than a third of the contribution made. The majority of your contribution will therefore always be used to purchase carbon credits from certified climate protection projects and thus flows to the climate action projects. Without advertising and administration, however, even a climate protection initiative like ours cannot exist in the long term.
- GoClimateAction is part of planetgood Ltd. Planetgood is kept in accordance with the GmbH (=Ltd.) accounting obligations in Germany. In addition, there is continuous cooperation with our tax consultancy Bremer & Lambrecht from Kaiserslautern to ensure that our bookkeeping is carried out properly and that each customer order can be assigned to an associated retirement of emission reduction credits in the aforementioned climate project registries.
- We retire the emission reduction certificates of the climate protection projects you support once a quarter in a bundled retirement action in order to keep the transaction costs as low as possible for you and us, so that more money can flow into the actual carbon reduction projects.